22.5.08

What I watch...



Sorry for the lack of posting, but damn it's been a crazy spring. Each night has offered it's own special blend of baseball, ballet, rain, orchestra, Princeton, WSLL and has ended with me looking at papers that need to be graded. ( I swear I look at them...I just don't grade them)

So tonight, the husband lost his tournament game - something about sitting one of his star players for 4 innings because she went clothes shopping instead of going to practice yesterday - and that means that I'll be getting a little help schlepping the kids 'round town and maybe even a little time to watch my shows.

I love TV. It's my friend. Nearly always on in the house, just to keep me company when I'm making dinner, doing laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, while I type this post, the TV is a pretty good buddy.

I'm not going to get too nostalgic here, just going to mention what each day of the week means as far as TV is concerned.

Sunday - professional sports. For me, baseball or football would be the norm, but if Tiger Woods is in the running on the last day of the tournament, I'm tuned in there as well. (There's also this tennis tourney I like to watch early morning Sunday in late June early July...) Yeah, TV Sunday is sports.

Monday - How I Met Your Mother and My Name is Earl reruns on TBS at 10...Unwrapped on Foodnetwork from 9 - 10.

Tuesday - The Office reruns on TBS at 10. There's probably other stuff on, but that's all I care about.

Wednesday - Pushing Daisies was on before the writer's strike at 8. I really want it back because without it, there's nothing for me on a Wednesday night.

Thursday - it's the dream night, from 8-11 I can sit and stare and do nothing but glaze over and watch the entertainment. (I rarely actually do this, there's usually some multitasking going on...but if I can pull a full out couch potato, I'll do it.
Here's what's got me hypmotized on Thursday: My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs (no idea what'll grab me next season, stay tuned for updates), and then over to Food Network for an hour of Ace of Cakes.

Friday - Friday Night Stand Up on Comedy Central

Saturday - Food Network Cooking School from 7am - 2pm. Featuring such greats as Paula Deen, Sandra Lee, Rachel Ray (love her recipes, hate her), Giada diLaurentis, and a couple others...stay tuned on this topic too, b/c I'm planning a full out review of this 7 hour piece of television happyfuntime. In the fall and early winter, you'll also catch me watching whatever college football game is on.

So there you have it. That's what I watch. Now you know.

No comments: