27.1.08

It's sooo not my birthday...



As a lark, I decided to throw out a few ideas that are never miss, sure fire, never disappoint me gifts. So...here you go:

Gel pens - glittery ones especially...I'm always happy to get a pack of brand new gel pens. I dig color-coding things, grading papers with different colored pens, and making lists with them. To be specifc, thin tipped gel pens...nothing fatter than 0.7mm.

Notepads - I have list-making issues. Once I lost my list notebook, and I felt like my legs had been cut off. A fresh new notebook is like having a fresh start. It's kind of symbolic...at the beginning of any break from school, I make my list of stuff I want to accomplish, and then cross stuff off as I finish it...I'm always planning. If I get a new notebook, it's like getting a new day...

Mechanical pencils - again, nothing fat...for the mechanical pencil I want a 0.5mm size lead and nothing fatter.

Starbuck's Giftcard. You'd be giving me free coffee...I can make coffee damn near fat and calorie free, so I don't have to plan out the caloric intake of the day to use this gift and I've got a Starbuck's up the street from my home so it's a convenient gift as well.

Seasonal stuff. When I go to stores during the year and I see the seasonal plates, towels, salt and pepper shakers, platters, whatever...I love them. I never buy them for myself, b/c I don't need them, but I love that crap...

Socks. Mostly the kinds that are anklets or footies. Love them.

Stickers. I give stickers to my students all the time, and I also like to decorate stuff with them. Good times.



So there you go...mostly crap...pretty inexpensive...and stuff my husband will never read about or know...

2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

That's a hell of a label...

calencoriel said...

well, did ya see what's going on over there? It's a little more than ridiculous...

Did you like my pic?