It's becoming a bit of an issue...
With the power outage the past three and a half days I've been able to spend quite a bit of time watching a certain television show...well, after our power came back on, of course. Charmed is on four times a day on TNT and while I didn't watch all 8 episodes I could have watched once my power went back on Monday evening, I did catch three - one yesterday and two today.
I'm so hooked on this show, today I decided to do a thinking about why I'm so hooked on these witches. There are a number of reasons, and here they are in no particular order:
1. The location of filming. The show is filmed in San Francisco and they make it look SO cool. I've even spent a little time googling potential vacation spots in San Francisco since I've been hooked on the show.
2. Brain Krause. The pics at IMDB are kinda cheesy, you need to watch the show so you can see all his sweet empathetic looks and that genuine smile...I get all tingly just thinking of him. (Plus, Piper is way too mean to him, I'd treat him SO much better than she does...)
3. The manor. The house where these little girls live is SO cool. Seriously, check out this virtual online tour. (See...there are others out there with issues worse than mine...) The kitchen alone makes me want to live there. This website also makes me wonder if I ever did visit San Francisco I might be able to actually visit the house...I know - it's probably just a set -but damn, it's a good set.
4. All the fantastic creatures - and I mean fantastic in the true meaning of the word - as in fantasy. There are genies - hilariously portrayed by French Stewart, leprechans, satyrs, nymphs, demons, warlocks, krohns, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Valhalla, all kinds of good stuff there.
5. The plots are simple. I can come in twenty minutes late and still pick up on what's going on and barely miss a beat.
6. The show's formula is one in which there is a long, drawn out plot as well as simpler short, stand alone epidsodes. When the X files was in its prime, it had this quality and it was always fun to tune in and find out if you were going to get to see a quick little hour long story or another piece of a bigger puzzle. Keeps you tuning in and I'm a fan of this formula...
7. The witches are hot. I like to look at pretty girls as much as the next person and all the hairdos and cute outfits (Aaron Spelling is a dirty old man) is like watching someone play with Barbie dolls with really expensive clothes. And, they're brunette, it's nice seeing the hot chicks not be blonde.
8. Brian Krause...sorry...he's hot.
9. They really did their research. Even down to the symbols they use. The triquetra symbol pictured above. It's ancient. It's Celtic...it wasn't conjured (sorry for the pun, there...) for the show, it's real. Check it. Oh...and there's some really cool jewelery you could get with the triquetra symbol on it too. (I really dig the anklet, if you're curious)
10. It's so cheesy. The demons look ridiculous half the time, the morphing is poor and the green screens are also used poorly. But you have to accept the cheese factor because it's really important to the plot. And, the fight scenes are very well choreographed.
Seriously though...check out this house...