28.3.08

...and it burns, burns, burns...



I made my soups again today...it's Spring Break and there are just ten weeks left of school. I've got time and I'm gonna get hungry at school, so I figured it was a good time to take care of making a batch or two. One of the batches I put together was a southwestern chicken fajita soup...yep, tasty and no more than 250 calories a serving. The only problem is today I decided to chop up the jalapeno for the soup without wearing gloves and now my fingers are on fire.

No, I'm serious. They are burning like crazy. I was biting my nails a little after I was finished with the soups and my lips started burning...I am pleased, however, that I did not wear my contacts today because I don't know how I'd get them out today.

I watch cooking shows all the time and I've watched people chop jalapenos and they never wear gloves. I don't know what's wrong with my skin...but that jalapeno juice adheres to my skin like crazy. It's weird too, b/c the heat never seems to affect my mouth the way it does my skin...

First thing on the grocery list for tomorrow is latex gloves...

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

At least you're not looking for chain male gloves anymore...

calencoriel said...

I finally figured out how to stop shaving off parts of my fingers when using the mandolin...

go me...

PHSChemGuy said...

It's the little victories that mean so much...