20.7.08

Phew...Dodged that bullet


I've been afraid of this for a while now...but it looks like I'm gonna be okay. Earlier this summer Starbucks announced it would be closing 600 stores, which is weird for Starbucks because they're usually opening stores and not closing them. Since I tend to frequent a number of the Starbucks in my area, I was a little concerned when I heard that so many stores would be closing.

If you check this link, you'll be able to click on a state and see which locations will be closing. In Ohio, no Cincinnati stores will be closing. Most of the Ohio closings will be in Columbus, one in Toledo, but none that will actually effect me.

In fact, I checked out every Starbucks I have ever visited in the contiguous US and there's only one I've ever been to that is going to close. The Starbucks in Batesville, Indiana - yes, that's right, the one right off of I-74 that I visited going to and from the Little League Regional Tournament last year. That one's a gonner...

Aside from that...it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Btw...this is my first attempt at a scheduled post...we'll see how that goes. I'm all a twitter with excitement thinking about the fact that it'll post while I'm at church on Sunday...that's freaking cool...

2 comments:

achilles3 said...

Death to Starbucks.
Bring back small coffee shops or else!

calencoriel said...

When I can find them, I frequent them. Promise.