23.12.08

Christmas 2008

This year the family and I decided to travel during our hella long Winter Break. We traveled to Atlanta today on our way to my mother-in-law's. We narrowly avoided a heck of an ice storm from what I've heard from the people back home. Our first stay is at The Glenn Hotel. It's a boutique hotel and my husband went to Priceline, quoted $80 and got a heck of a deal on a pretty fantastic place. It's a pretty nice place, complete with complementary Maxim magazines that I promptly hid from my 12 year old. Both kids have already showered and donned the complementary robes as well. We went across the street for dinner to the CNN Center. There's a food court over there, and although the Sports Bar I went to 5 years ago had gone bankrupt, we were able to grab some dinner at a decent Mexican restaurant. Bizarrely, the waiter did not mention anything about my blue eyes this evening...

Tomorrow, we leave for my mother-in-law's. We'll stay there for a few days, and then we're off to Key West. While in Key West, we'll be staying at the Casa Marina, another Priceline find. We're taking the kids on a water adventure. I'd link to it, but the little one is reading over my shoulder while I type and we're surprising her and her brother with the trip. I'll link to it later...maybe even a full out post after the "water adventure." The water adventure consists of the following: breakfast, snorkeling along the US's only coral reef, water sports - parasailing, jet skiing, water trampolines and mountain climbing slides. Okay, she took off for a sec - here's the link to the water adventures. Then there's lunch and complementary beverages on the way back to the dock. I know, I'm pretty geeked about taking the kids.

Then, back to the mother-in-law's for a bit of laundry and regrouping before we head to the happiest place on earth. That's right, Disney. We'll be staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter. We'll be there till the new year, ringing in 2009 at Epcot Center. We'll head back home the next day, keep your fingers crossed for nice weather to get us home on time.

I've got scads to do when I return on the 1st - starting with putting some P4P raffle items together on the 2nd, and probably spending the entire day at school on the 3rd...but for now, I'm on vacation with the family and I'm going to do my best to make the most out of this time together.

Promise.

3 comments:

andrew said...

Interesting, I'm going to be in Key West from Dec 27 to Jan 2.

PHSChemGuy said...

Seriously?

Maxim?

That's an awesome hotel.

How was the Mexican place, my department chair?

calencoriel said...

Sounds like we're just going to miss you, then Andrew.

Yes...Maxim, right there on the credenza under the plasma screen TV. It was a pretty awesome hotel.

You would have needed housekeeping though Chemguy - there were 8 downy pillows and 2 downy comforters. I believe you've mentioned something about an allergy?

and the Mexican place just wasn't the same without going to the Flinn Night of Chem Demo's afterwards...